Friday, July 27, 2007

humility, obedience and servanthood

i had a long chat with winston last nite at TCC and it was great sharing... weeeee!!!

as he shared with me about ministry, the pains, the struggles, the joy... i went: yar! i was thinking exactly what u are thinking now 3 years ago!

we continued sharing and all these terms "humility", "obedience", "servanthood", "submission" came out and seriously, just talking about it is easy peasy and we talk about it all the time, but when comes to doing, we subconsciously forget that we're all called to be "humble servants"... and failure to do all of the above results in conflict, disunity, jealousy and the list goes on, which is happening all around us...

i've been reading (haha! yay! aunty dee finally loves reading! aunty dee finally doesn't have to solely rely on DVDs anymore!! yay!) this book called "The Power of Simple Prayer" and sometimes, the answer to everything is simply "PRAY"! that's it! but we procrastinate... "ok, i'll pray later!" and we forget to do it...

and recently i had this revelation about "be faithful in doing the small things, if i can't even do that, how can God entrust me with greater things?"

and it's been repeatedly shown to me...

Lord, i pray that You humble my heart and teach me to be faithful. Let not the things that get me down affect me and remind me of the bigger purpose in Your kingdom everyday! AMEN!

No comments: