Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Prayer for Sella

At Hillsong Conference last year, I signed up with Compassion and sponsored a Kenyan girl, her name is Sella.

I attended mass today and I sat beside this African girl, I think she's about Sella's age, and I thought about Sella. I haven't heard from her for about 5months? I'm quite worried actually. I don't know why... should I even be worried?

Anyway, it was quite funny. She was so fidgetive, she kept prancing up and down, elbowed me, accidentally kicked me... aiyor all over the place! I couldn't concentrate for a while. And each time she accidentally kicked or elbowed me, she would look at me sheepishly... and she kept staring at the henna on my hand! Oh i just got a henna on my right hand yesterday...

So it was time for the "Our Father"... So she stretched out her hands... and I stretched out mine...

She was looking at me.

I looked back at her.

And I held her hand.

She smiled back at me.

And I closed my eyes, felt this overwhelming sense of the Holy Spirit and prayed for her.

And for Sella.


Father Lord,

I pray this prayer of protection over Sella and her family. I don't know how she is now, but I trust that You are taking care of her. And I trust that You will meet her every need. Speak into her heart and keep her close to You, that she'll never lose faith and hope in You. I don't know if the situation in Kenya has improved, but I know You will take care of Your people. I ask for Your mercy over the nation.

I love her, and I know You love her even more.

Because You died for her.

Amen!

No comments: