Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Tooth Fairy


Gosh! i have no idea why i have so much problems with my teeth...

First it was my wisdom tooth, now it's the tooth on my lower jaw...

ok, i know i've repeated this story to about 6 people already but yes i'm gonna like say it for the 7th time! hahah! yar i'm so fond of doing that... repeating my stories to different pple!

Gosh! toothache again! and i was at CJC retreat on Friday.... my goodness! imagine!!!! i had to lead 2 worship sessions, sing for Reconciliation and Mass! aiyor always one lor... ALWAYS! everytime i need to sing, i either get toothache or cough or something...

Anywayz, my toothache got so bad that i had to rinse my mouth with Listerine every now and then at CJ... goodness me! i ran in n out the Auditorium and charge into the toilet for like a zillion times!

got home n Saturday night, and had to work on Sunday and anywayz, the Dental Clinic i went to get my wisdom tooth extracted the last time was not opened on Sunday so i waited till Monday...

Aiyor! u won't believe how hard i prayed on Sunday night........
Jesus! i command that toothache to stop right now and i place the pain at the foot of Your cross! PLEASE PLEASE.... bless my finances, if i need to get a Root Canal done, i can only afford like $XX amount... please please Jesus... Yes! i went on and on until i fell asleep...

The moment came, i woke up, called the Dental Clinic to make sure it was open and made my way down...

Gosh! I told the dentist I was having this very bad toothache & i have no idea where the root of the problem was... He checked on my teeth, took an X-Ray and confirmed that it was this tooth in front of my molar!

Oh my tian! it was so decieving can... the tooth looked prefectly fine on the outside but was decaying inside! and when the dentist said:

U need to do a ROOT CANAL!

OMG! my heart sank! aiyor ROOT CANAL!!!! after all the scary stories Dot told me about her root canal and about how expensive it can get... my jaw dropped... my heart sank!

i'm like : HUH? are there any other options? (though i knew the other option was extracting the entire tooth)

guess i didn't have a choice... the dentist assured me that it wouldn't be as painful as extracting the whole tooth. The same dentist did an extraction of my wisdom tooth in Feb this year. Trust me! it wasn't as scary/ painful as i thought...

ok now the MONEY! how much huh?

Dentist: $300

Lydia: $300?!?!??!

that's like CHEAP! i never once heard of Root Canal $300 before can! Dot did hers for like $600 and some other people pay like over $1000 for it....

PRAISE THE GOOD LORD!

Dentist: oh this time round, u only have to pay $150... the remaining $150, pay during the next visit when u come back to do the filling...

In my head: PRAISE GOD! omg... yar i only have $150 with me right now! Thank u Jesus!

yep and the dentist did what he had to do... injected anesthetic on my gums to numb it, drilled open my tooth, showed me a blown up picture of my decayed tooth... (to my horror, half my tooth inside was like GONE! goodness gracious me!)... slit open my gums to clean up the root of my tooth, filled it up with temporary filling...

The Process.............. PAINLESS!

in the course of the whole of Yesterday............. PAINLESS! (just a little discomfort)

Everybody! want painless dental treatment, pls visit Dr Lim at Lee & Ong Dental, Block 18 Teck Whye Lane.................


Praise the Lord... for His faithfulness! AMEN!

No comments: